Traditional Chinese Salad
A versatile salad full of crunchy textures, bright colors, and oriental flavors.
- ¼ cup soy sauce dark
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger root minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp Purely Seasoning's Original Seasoned Salt
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup dry sherry or vermouth
- 2 – 3 green onions & tops sliced
- ¼ cup sesame oil dark
- ½ cup good salad oil (i.e. extra virgin olive or avocado)
- ½ cup sesame seeds toasted & processed in food processor to release flavor (optional)
- Combine a variety of crisp greens: Lettuces, endives, bok choy, Chinese cabbage, green onions, radicchio, parsley, coriander, etc.
- 1 package wonton wrappers sliced in 1/4 – 1/2 – inch strips, deep fried, drained, seasoned with seasoned salt and set aside. Store in airtight container for up to a week. (Can substitute with store bought wonton strips.)
- To make a main dish, add shredded chicken or tofu.
Finally, assemble the salad. Combine your greens, chopped into manageable sizes. Add in the protein if applicable, sesame seeds, and enough dressing to coat. Toss thoroughly. Serve immediately. Garnish with wontons or serve on side.