Fresh Corn Salsa – Jalapeno Honey Heat
Corn salsa is a perfect pair for a summer grill feast. Fresh and flavorful. This salsa can be served with chips or atop chicken or fish.
- 3 ears corn kernels cut from cob
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- black Pepper Ground
- Purely Seasoning's Original Seasoned Salt
- 2 tbsp lime juice add zest to taste
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tomato cored, seeded, ¼ in diced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper stemmed, seeded, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- Bring 2 cups water to boil in small saucepan over high heat. Stir in corn, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; remove pan from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain corn and let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk lime juice, oil, honey, and 1/8 teaspoon salt together in bowl. Add corn, tomato, shallot, jalapeño, and cilantro to lime juice mixture and toss to combine. Let stand for 10 minutes. Finish off with organic seasoned salt and pepper to taste; serve.
Featured in this recipe:
Original Seasoned Salt$6.99 – $16.99